Call for papers
Researchers are invited to submit Extended Abstracts of research findings for a conference presentation. The conferences encompass a broad range of print and media research topics. Please find below detailed infos for the IARIGAI- and IC-Conference:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the conference team.
We are looking forward seeing you on 18.09.2023 in Wuppertal
Call for EXTENDED ABSTRACTS (iarigai) Researchers are invited to submit Extended Abstracts of research findings for a conference presentation via EasyChair (link). The conferences encompass a broad range of print and media research topics. Key focus areas for the joint conference include but are not limited to the following:
Print and Media technologies & Systems
- Prepress: colour management, workflows, image processing, content flow
- Press: all printing processes such as analogue (flexo, gravure, screen, offset) and digital (inkjet and others) - process optimisation (e.g. by AI), production organisation, product development, workflows, drying…
- Post press: finishing optimization, fulfilment
- Measurement and metrologies: colour measurement, material characterisation (wetting, rheology, …)
- New Media
Print material Science
- Substrates (paper, paperboard, glass, plastics, ceramic, metal, ...)
- Ink formulation and migration
- Material characterisation (e.g. adhesion)
- Ink chemistry and regulatory issues
- Active materials
- Functional printing
- Printed electronics
- Sustainable Packaging Innovations
- 4D printing
- 3D printing
- Security printing
- Decoration and furniture print
- Augmented Reality
- IoT and IIoT
Sustainability and Ecological Aspects
- Circular economy
- Sustainable green printing packaging
- Sustainable materials
However, contributions are not strictly limited to above areas and topics.
Contributions and Submissions
Authors from iarigai member organisations and other research institutes, universities and industrial R&D are invited to submit the results of their research for presentation at the conference.
An Extended Abstract of between 2000 and 3000 words prepared in .docx or .doc format following the Guidelines to Authors only should be submitted online (EasyChair).
Authors are asked to use this template file for the abstracts.
Participants who want to present a paper at the conference should submit an abstract (app. 300-500 words) containing 3-5 keywords.
The scientific committee of the conference will review the received abstracts and select papers to be presented at the conference.
All submitted papers must be original, new, independently written by the authors and not published before anywhere else.
The topics of this year's conference include:
- Graphic Communication & Media Education
- The future of Print Education
- Curricula reforms and advances in Graphic Communication - Printing and Packaging Education
- The educational process in the pandemic situation - challenges for the graphic communication Universities and educational organizations
- Distance learning - structures and quality of education
- Implementation of education for the Creative-Culture Industries
- Competence Structures & Student / Graduate Recruitment
- Printing Technology & Quality: Fundamentals and Advances
- Management, Workflow & Industry innovations
- Prepress-Premedia & Cross Media Technologies
- Digital Printing & Printed Electronics
- Printing Materials & Packaging
- Color and Color Management // UX-UI-Interaction Design // Graphic Design
More information and submission of the paper:
Prof. Dr. Anastasios E. Politis,
Chairman of the IC.